I haven’t updated my blog in a long time, mainly because I’ve been so busy. To be a good writer, you have to be curious, which means that whatever you’re asked to write about, you have to take a real interest in. If you can’t do that, you shouldn’t be a copywriter.
Fortunately, for me, the sheer variety of what you do is one of the biggest pluses in what I do, and over the years I’ve learned a little about a heck of a lot.
To give you a flavour, this is just a selection of what I’ve been doing in the last three or four months:
- Magazine writing, interviewing, profiles and direct marketing for Everest Home Improvements. Forget the old dodgy double glazing salesman image, this is a highly successful and respected brand.
- Editing the annual report of a leading African Bank (for the third year running).
- A website for a new restaurant in Bahrain.
- Two complete websites for a leading apprenticeships company.
- High profile marketing copy for McDonalds, including the world’s biggest giveaway.
- Website and marketing copy for a nutritional supplements company.
- Blog posts and sales letters for a new type of property business.
- Web and marketing copy for a Swedish online storage company.
- B2B profiles for a Chinese marketing agency.
- A website for a Tyne & Wear property company.
- Case studies for a well-known international legal firm.
- Gift pack marketing concepts for Oxfam.
- Most recently, marketing advice, including URL choice, plus a brand new website for an old client now offering plumbing, gas and heating services in Hertfordshire.