Do you want your site to be near the top of the search engine rankings? There’s a simple, cost-effective but often overlooked way of improving your Google results. By search engine optimisation copywriting – SEO copywriting for short.
I know, because I’ve achieved first page Google results for many popular keywords for clients of all kinds. Not to mention similar results with other search engines, but as
Google has around 80 – 90% of the market, it’s the one that really counts.
Below are Google results from 8th June 2016 for websites which I’ve copy optimised.
Zubipartners.com (Leading law firm in Bahrain)
- 2 out of 534,000 for Bahrain Legal Consultants
- 10 out of 625,000 for Bahrain Attorney
- 7 out of 2,900,000 for Bahrain Legal Services
- 9 out of 572,000 for Bahrain Lawyers
“Very pleased with your work, thank you.” Cecile Scaros, Zu’bi & Partners
Klimstar.co.uk (Polish building company based in North West London)
- 5 out of 39,600,000 for House Conversions London
- 5 out of 623,000 for Builders North West London
- 7 and 8 out of 4,010,000 for Building Company West London
- 4 out of 212,000 for Polish Builders West London
- 5 out of 396,000 for Polish Builders North London
“Very good results, thank you Peter.” Damian Klimek, www.klimstar.co.uk
Ctp.org.uk(Career Transition Partnership – for ex service personnel)
- 1 out of 7,710,000 for Resettlement
- 1 out of 635,000 for Forces Resettlement
- 1 out of 7,020,000 for Service Leavers
- 3 out of 751,000 for Service Leavers Jobs
“We’re very pleased with the copy and the greatly increased traffic on the new site – thank you!” Karen Carroll, Marketing Communications Manager, CTP
Londoncounsellor.com(Counsellor based in Stoke Newington, North London; figures for local results)
- 2 out of 108,000 for Counsellor Hackney
- 2 out of 134,000 for Counselling Stoke Newington
- 3 out of 24,000 for Stoke Newington Counselling
- 2 out of 177,000 for Stoke Newington Counsellor
- 1 out of 27,200 for Counselling N16
“I now have more clients than any other counsellor I know, and most of them have come via my website, written and optimised by Pete.” Kay Tromans, www.londoncounsellor.com
Firefloodlondon.co.uk (Company specialising in restoration after fire, smoke or flood damage)
- 1 out of 19,000,000 for Fire Restoration London
- 4 out of 689,000 for Flood Repair London
- 4 out of 1,060,000 for Smoke Repair London
- 2 and 3 out of 656,000 for Smoke Restoration London
- 2 out of 17,300,000 for Flood Damage London
“Very pleased with the copy and SEO help – and the response!” Rose Tait, Fire Flood Restoration
Minimoves.eu (International removals company specialising in London / Paris / Brussels)
- 1 out of 87,000,000 for Moving Services London Paris
- 4 out of 365,000 for Removals London Paris
- 2 out of 9,710,000 for Relocation London Brussels
- 3 out of 592,000 for Relocation London to Paris
“I’m delighted that the amount of traffic and subsequent enquiries have increased substantially since the rewrite” Barry Humphries, MD, Minimoves
Stageonscreen.com (Producer of stage play DVDs for schools and theatre lovers)
- 2 out of 44,000,000 for Plays on DVD
- 2 out of 54,000,000 for Theatre on DVD
- 2 out of 767,000 for Theatre Plays on DVD
- 1 and 2 out of 8,470,000 for Stage Plays on DVD
“You’ve delivered excellent rankings and the traffic levels and sales are climbing steadily as a result” Rachel Agnew, Website Manager, Stage on Screen
Jogpost.co.uk (The UK’s top-rated leaflet and flyer distribution company)
- 3 out of 16,800,000 for Leaflet company
- 2 out of 1,800,000 for Flyer distribution
- 7 out of 8,130,000 for Flyer delivery
- 4 out of 1,240,000 for Flyer distributors
- 2 out of 2,920,000 for Leaflet distribution
“Very very effective… our conversion rate has improved 20 to 30% in the first week. ” Jamie Harding, Business Development Director, JogPost
The figures above are for Google results when searched for from a London location – in nearly all cases, if you search locally (e.g. from the country or region the business is located in) the results are even better.
SEO Copywriting for Google rankings – what really matters
All the above organisations have received much higher traffic and increased business as a result. And it’s essentially down to my copy optimisation, plus a few simple tips I include as part of the service. No expensive SEO campaigns or extensive back-link development. Just getting the copy and the basics right.
Most organisations do not need to pay an SEO company month after month, or keep using Google AdWords.
Algorithms change, but the single most important factor in determining a site’s rankings, is, always has been, and probably always will be, its content. Get that right, and you’re 90% there.
What Google advises with SEO content
‘Google’s technology analyses the full content of a page and factors in fonts, subdivisions and the precise location of each word.’
‘Create a useful, information-rich site, and write pages that clearly and accurately describe your content. Think about the words users would type to find your pages, and make sure that your site actually includes those words within it.’
Source: Google webmaster guidelines
In other words, having the right words in the right places really matters if you’re looking for top Google rankings. But you’d be amazed at how often this is overlooked – even by some web design companies.
What the world’s leading search engine survey says
Every year, Search Metrics carry out a ranking factors study. You can read the 2015 report here
The most important ranking factors, in order, are:
- Content. “The importance of good quality, relevant content cannot be understated.”
- Technology (including a well-designed, easily navigable site, good internal links and meta tags)
- Backlinks (with quality more important than quantity).
- Social signals (slightly less important than in previous years – those Facebook ‘likes’ are not as useful as they might appear.)
- User signals (people spending time on the site, high click-through to other pages, lower bounce rates.)
Content really is king. (And note that the right tags and ensuring people spend time reading the site are important too.)
What I recommend for your website
If someone asks me to write a website, one of the first questions I ask is whether it’s important that it ranks well with the search engines.
For nearly all businesses, the answer is ‘yes’. So before I write a word I research the best keyword terms for that organisation.
That is keyword terms which people regularly search for, but which they also stand a chance of getting on the first page of Google with. Too specific and long-winded, and no-one will search for them; too simple and you won’t get on the first page of Google.
I then analyse the results, look at the competition, make recommendations and discuss the best way forward.
And then – and only then – do I actually write any of the pages.
As you can see above, it makes a difference – and it can deliver great results for your site too.
Contact me now for a quote or to ask a question
For more details on how my SEO copywriting can make a difference, just call +44 (0) 7767 687524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below.